Senior Data Engineer
Functie omschrijving Senior Data Engineer
- As a senior Data Engineer you will be advising, building and maintaining Big Data platforms and employing data science solutions/models in enterprise environments.
- You will be working on 1 to 3 different projects at any given time. Projects can be onsite, offsite or (ideally) a mix.
- You will contribute to creating data driven solutions, independent of a specific tool or technology.
- You work closely together with the business to achieve data excellence on one hand and closely together with data scientists on the other hand to bring machine learning algorithms into a production environment.
- You will be building test-driven software.
- You gather data from external API’s and internal sources and add value to the data platform.
Functie eisen Senior Data Engineer
- You work and think at a Bachelor’s or Master's level.
- You have a minimum of two years experience in a similar position and a minimum of five years experience in software
- You have hands-on experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Hive, Elastic, etc.
- You are experienced with container technologies like Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- You are knowledged about OO and experienced in functional programming in languages such as Java, Scala and Python.
- Knowledge of several languages is a plus.
- You are knowledged and experienced with building and implementing API’s on a large scale.
- You have thorough knowledge of SQL.
- You believe in the principle of ”clean coding”.
- You are familiar with the agile way of working.
- You have a pro-active attitude towards the needs of the client and take your own responsibility.
- You can speak and write in Dutch as well as English fluently.
- High end bureau who delivers services in the fields of big data, data science, artificial intelligence, data architecture, engineering, training and support.
- This vacancy is applicable to the Amsterdam area.
- The company culture is informal and with attention for the individual.
- It's technology-driven and customer centric, with innovation, quality, reliability and fun being the core values.
- The office has a modern, engaging open-space working environment.
- Daily office fruit and snacks are available.
- Friday drinks end the workweek off in a cheerful way.
- Excellent working conditions and terms of employment.
- Challenging bonus scheme.
- Professional growth is highly encouraged and facilitated.
- Laptop, company car and mobile phone if applicable.