Senior IT Cloud Engineer - Amsterdam
- HBO ,
- HBO + ,
- Senior (meer dan 10 jaar)
The Senior IT Cloud Engineer is responsible for all activities that contribute to ensure the availability of the company's Cloud and related IT infrastructure within Azure and AWS as per agreed service levels, allowing users of the organization, European distributor organizations and, if applicable, users of third parties to use the business applications and office automation tools.
Next to that, the Senior IT Cloud Engineer acts as a project manager to contribute towards the execution of IT projects on a European level. Concluding, the Senior IT Cloud Engineer analyses IT issues related to the activities of the organization, in consultation with involved parties, and formulates improvement proposals within the framework set by divisional management.
- Accountable for the day-to-day operational activities required to meet the operational service levels as agreed with the user organization. Amongst other activities, this includes the day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of IT infrastructure (Cloud/WAN/VPN/etc.).
- Ensure continuous service by minimizing the business impact in the event of an IT service interruption. The focus should be on building resilience into automated solutions and on developing, maintaining and testing IT continuity plans.
- Ensure systems security by actively minimizing the impact of security vulnerabilities and incidents, in order to maintain the integrity of information and of the IT infrastructure processing this information.
- Manage the performance and capacity of the IT infrastructure, resources and capabilities.
- Establish and maintain an accurate and complete repository of all Cloud IT infrastructure components (Servers, Services, licenses, etc.) and verify on a regular basis that the repository reflects the actual situation.
- Acquire and maintain Cloud IT infrastructure.
- Manage third-party services.
- Define a project team and plan the main activities of the project in order to be able to execute it effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate in clear and unambiguous terms with (key) users about any relevant issue using any suitable tool for communication (mail, phone, presentations etc.).
- Communicate in clear and unambiguous terms with IS colleagues and external (IT) consultants emphasizing both companies IS strategy of centralization, standardization and integration and the responsibilities towards users, group companies and other stakeholders.
- A Bachelor degree in a related field;
- 10 years of experience within IT industry;
- You are in possession of at least Azure fundamentals and AWS certified cloud practitioner;
- 3 years of experience within Azure or AWS;
- You are able to work individually as well as in a team.
- You are a motivated colleague, happy to support the business and truly devoted to customer success;
- You are a humble team player, who is willing to learn and is not afraid to face challenges;
- Quality and professionalism lie close to your heart.
- European headquarters of a worldwide well known motor company.
- Professional A-brand organization.
- Main products are motorcycles, scooters and marine outboard motors.
- The company is responsible for coordinating the marketing, sales, logistics, ICT and service activities within Europe.
- International environment where you can learn and develop.
- Located in the Amsterdam area.
- The company sets value on a stimulating environment where people can grow, expand their experience and try new things.
- Reliability, good relations and seeking for consensus in decision making are important values for the organization.
- Proud on their fast and reliable motorcycles.
Terms of employment
- Excellent terms of employment including, holiday allowance, 13th month payment, bonus, additional leave days.
- For the motorbike lovers: staff bike program, license support and staff discount on products.